ROS (Robot Operating System) is a middleware for robots. By using the Torobo Arm ROS package, you can achieve the followings:
- Since it supports "control_msgs" (standard message type of ROS), you can easily operate the arm with your C++ / Python program.
- Since it supports a ROS visualization tool "Rviz", you can check the current position and target position of the arm by 3-dimensional view.
- Since it supports a path-planning software "MoveIt!", which is widely used in the ROS community, you can easily use advanced functions such as kinematics calculation, collision detection, and path planning.
- Since it supports the physics simulator "Gazebo", you can test your own program for controlling the Torobo Arm on the PC.
- You can directly control the joints of the arm by using a GUI tool "torobo_joint_controller".
- You can check the joint state and send it a control command by using a GUI tool "torobo_state_viewer" (only for the actual arm).
It is recommended to use this package in the following PC environment:
||Intel i5, equivalent or greater
||4GB or larger
||15GB or larger
||Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
||ROS Kinetic Kame